Friday the 19 th of November
aim:
notion appearance
vocabulary : description
word of the day: beautiful
amazing: astounding (étonnant)
beautiful: gorgeous : good looking
charming : pleasing to the eyes
a goddess is divine
you are the apple of my eyes (tu est la prunelle de mes yeux)
IRREEL PASSE CORRECTION
I would rather I had got two fathers
If only I had spoken a last time to /with my grandmother
If only I could have been young again
If only I had won the lottery
DESCRIBING DORIAN GRAY
he's a neat,smart,man
he is wearning a suit/a costume
he has a thin elongated face
he has a smooth-looking skin
A PORTRAIT
He looks ike a gentleman
He looks very serious/secretive/introvert
He looks very elegant = neat
LOOKS + Adj :: LOOK LIKE + NOM
VOCABULARY OF THE FACE
BODY PARTS
eyelashes (les cils)
eyebrows (les sourcils)
the throat (la gorge)
ears (les oreilles)
forearms (avant-bras)
the bReast (la poitrine)
the stomach/the belly (le ventre)
the hip (la hanche)
the bottom/the buttocks
the thigh (la cuisse)
the ankle (la cheville)
the toes (les doigts de pieds)
narrow (étroit) = large
AN EXTRACT FROM THE PORTRAIT OF DORIAN GRAY
basil howard is Lord henry wotton's friend.
basil is a painter.
At present he is painting the portrait of a young mysterious man named Dorian Gray.
Lord wotton meets dorian who came to sit for (sit for = poser) his portrait.
Lord wotton tells Dorian that he should seize the day and enjoy life while he is still young.
Dorian feels suddenly very sad and make a wish .
Homework: for Monday.
read the text( only the bottom part which is indicated) and find Dorian's wish.
absents : celine darmana
stacy auger
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire