lesson
104
Thursday the 18 th of november
Aim:
vocabulary : beauty and the physical aspect/ dorian gray
Notion: appearance : look / look like
grammar : irréel passé
word of the day:
you are the apple of my eyes (vous êtes la prunelle de mes yeux)
beautiful
handsome ; fair ;gorgeous ;good looking
cute ; pretty
divine
he is pleasing to the eyes
IRREEL PASSE CORRECTION
I would rather I had got two fathers
If only I had spoken a last time to /with my grandmother
If only I could have been young again
If only I had won the lottery
BODY PARTS
eyelashes (les cils)
eyebrows (les sourcils)
the throat (la gorge)
ears (les oreilles)
forearms (avant-bras)
the breast (la poitrine)
the stomach/the belly (le ventre)
the hip (la hanche)
the bottom/the buttocks
the thigh (la cuisse)
the ankle (la cheville)
the toes (les doigts de pieds)
narrow (étroit) = large
A PORTRAIT
He looks ike a gentleman
He looks very serious/secretive/introvert
He looks very elegant = neat
LOOKS + Adj :: LOOK LIKE + NOM
AN EXTRACT FROM THE PORTRAIT OF DORIAN GRAY
basil howard is Lord henry wotton's friend.
basil is a painter.
At present he is painting the portrait of a young mysterious man named Dorian Gray.
Lord wotton meets dorian who came to sit for his portrait.
Lord wotton tells Dorian that he should seize the day and enjoy life while he is still young.
Dorian feels suddenly very sad and make a wish .
Homework: for Monday.
read the text( only the bottom part which is indicated) and find Dorian's wish.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire