vendredi 26 avril 2024

LESSON BTS CG1 group 1 FRIDAY THE 26 TH OF APRIL

 

BTS CG 1 2024

WORK

SESSION 1

Student’s sheet

GOAL : getting ready for a job interview

 

Words of the day :

( cependant / néanmoins ) however/ nevertheless/ nonetheless

 underline

let me add that

this reminds me of + noun: nom 

this reminds me of my  former job 

 a job interview

 an application letter 

to apply

Une foire d'embauche  a job fair

STEP 1  WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE ? IF YOU WERE THE BOSS WHAT QUESTIONS WOULD YOU ASK ?

 tell me about yourself 

why do you want to work her / why do this job / position ? 

what are your qualities ? 

what are your weaknesses ?

what is your motivation / ambition ? 

why have you chosen our company ?

what can you bring to our company ? 

why should i not hire someone else ? hire = embaucher 

do you have any experience ? 

why are you the best at this job ?

 

 

 

STEP 2 PREPARE A VALID ANSWER TO THOSE QUESTIONS

 

 

 extra expressions 

  i am nailing it = i am being very good

I am fine ( ne dites pas i am good) 

i am very passionate about .....( nom) 

I am driven by money = i am motivated by money 

I am driven by my love for accountancy 

I am trying to be the best at my job 

Noway ( pas question ) 

i am determined /dɪˈtɜːmɪnd/

i am too competitive

i did not understand= i did not get it = could you repeat ? 

 

 

 

 

STEP 3 AT THE JOB FAIR

You will participate to a job fair .So how would you answer these questions

1.       Introduce yourself

2.       Describe your personality

3.       Describe your capacities

4.       Describe your weaknesses

5.       Describe your hobbies

6.       Your plans for the future

7.       Explain why they should hire you

SURVIVAL KIT

STEP 4 THE JOB FAIR :TRYING TO FIND A JOB

You need to find a job. So prepare your speech :

1)INTRODUCE YOURSELF : name/ age

2) TALK ABOUT YOUR CAPACITIES

             Be eager to learn = want to learn new things= new skills

             Take complete responsibility for my actions

             Keep my employer updated=  in the know= not hide anything from my employer

             Be timely= be on time= never be late

             Take pride in my work (être fier de son travail)

             Be respectful

             Be creative

             Be a leader.

             Be a good team leader

             Have good written and communication skills

             Have developed strong leadership skills

             Be experienced in problem solving

             Have good organizational skills

             Meet deadlines (délais)

             Work on my own initiative

             Can multi task

             Be focused

             Have a can-do attitude = have a positive and optimistic attitude

             Be good with numbers/ figures

             Be fluent in……(English )

 

 

HERE ARE SOME EXTRA EXPRESSIONS : CAPACITIES

 

             I can +bv= i am able to + bv = i have the ability to + bv

             I know how to + bv

             I am skilled at + bv

 

3) TALK ABOUT YOUR PERSONALITY

YOUR QUALITIES : ambitious/confident/ conscientious/ diligent= methodical / hard working / honest/ loyal / motivated / punctual / reliable/ a team player

YOUR WEAKNESSES : intense/ aggressive/ angry at times / over ambitious/aloof = distant /Competitive

- Impatient/ Too Demanding( demanding = exigeant) /i  Lack ( to lack = manquer de )Organization skills / i am Not Detail Oriented= not specific enough/ Critical

- Sensitive ( sensible) = over emotional

HERE ARE SOME EXTRA EXPRESSIONS : HABIT

BE PRONE TO+ING( j’ai une tendance à…)

I am prone to swearing (to swear=jurer, dire des gros mots)

 BE USED TO +ING( j’ai l’habitude de…)

 I am used to getting up early every morning

4)WHAT ARE YOUR HOBBIES ?What do you like ?          Notion Liking :

I'm very fond of+ nom / ing  ...

I'm keen on (+ ing/nom)

I am very much interested in + ing / nom ...

Notion disliking :

I am not too keen on ...(+ing/noun)

I rather hate ..+ing /noun

I resent it when .+ phrase

I can’t stand + ing/noun

I can’t bear +Ing/noun ...

 

5)WHAT ARE YOUR CAREER PLANS ? WHAT DO YOU INTEND TO DO IN THE FUTURE ?:

Notion Intention

INTEND TO +BV

I intend to become a journalist

BE DETERMINED TO +BV

I am determined to join the army

ENDEAVOUR  TO +BV(s'efforcer de)

I will endeavour to create my own firm

PLAN  ON + ING

I plan on going to the USA

Try to be as impressive and dynamic as possible to make a favorable impression on your potential boss

 

 

 

 

 

STEP 5 AT THE JOB FAIR :  FIND THE BEST APPLICANT / CANDIDATE / INTERN

Ask some questions to find out the best applicant .Use the questions written on the board +

QUESTIONS 1.             Introduce yourself

2.           Describe your personality

3.           Describe your capacities

4.           Describe your weaknesses

5.           Describe your hobbies

6.           Your plans for the future

7.           Explain why they should hire you

 

HOW TO RATE  THE CANDIDATES

Here’s a template scoring sheet that uses six questions and a 1-5 scoring system. Rather than relying on intuition, it’s essential to define each number as having a specific meaning. In this case, consider:

 

    1/5: The answer missed the point of the question entirely or was otherwise wholly inadequate

    2/5: A poor or incomplete answer that nonetheless contained good points

    3/5: A basically adequate answer that hit the key points of the question, but which goes no further

    4/5: A strong answer that goes beyond the basic requirements of the question

    5/5: An excellent answer that is exactly what you’re looking for

 

 

CANDIDATES

 

 

QUESTION 1

 

 

 

QUESTION 2

 

 

 

QUESTION 3

 

 

 

QUESTION 4

 

 

 

QUESTION 5

 

 

 

QUESTION 6

 

 

 

 HOMEWORK :

etre capable de faire un entretien d'embauche en anglais. ( je vous poserez les questions que vous avez ecrit en partie 1 et vous devrez y répondre en environ 100 mots au total )

 

Aucun commentaire: